Wednesday 11 March 2009

SWEET TOOTH?

Recently I received, for my birthday, the Gift of Lifesavers!! The Candy treat that hits the spot!! As you may or may not know, I am from the UK and cannot access the Candy Heaven that is the Lifesaver so I was like a kid in a candy store when they arrived….er..literally!.
Lifesavers hail from the United States of America…….it’s over there somewhere….. and they have been in existence since 1912 (not the ones they sell now ;P ) when a one Clarence Crane in Garrettsville, Ohio created the first peppermint Lifesavers. They come in lots of different flavours from Grape to Spearmint. But my ALL TIME FAVE IS ………BUTTER RUM!! However the picture below is kinda confusing. If a Lifesaver really does takes your breathe away….??.......hmmm go figure!!

Anyway I would love to hear from you about YOUR favourite sweet/candy. Whether it be Midget Gems, Polos, Macaroon Bars, Spangles, (mouth watering yet?) PEZ or even the grossest of them all the Candy Necklace. Lets hear about your faves ;))

3 comments:

  1. I loved...loved...loved bubblegum cigarettes! How terribly non- PC of me! I remember my sis and I walking to the 7-Eleven with our dollar clinched tightly in hand and 'splurging' on these yummy treats! Are they still around? Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love lifesavers :D but.. they have gummy lifesavers that i think are even better!!! you gotta try them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. GUMMY LIFESAVERS YOU SAY!!! GUMMY GUMMY?????

    ReplyDelete